How To Clean Vomit From Carpet?
One of the most horrible things that can go wrong with a carpet is when you get vomit on it. Yes, accidents happen but there is a solution to everything. In this article, I’ll help you learn some ways on how to clean vomit from carpet.
Getting vomit on a carpet can be gross but if you own the carpet, you would definitely want to clean it off rather throw the carpet away. There are a few ways to clean vomit from your carpet very easily and make it look all fresh and new. For further information you can go through Carpet Cleaners Tacoma and get more helpful ideas.
If you witness some unfortunate incident where someone or your pet vomits on a carpet, it’s better if you work immediately. Leaving on the vomit for a long time can make the carpet absorb the waste and things will get nasty! If you don’t want to make the task more difficult for yourself, clean up as soon as possible.
Does Vomit Leave Stains On The Carpet?
No, vomit does not leave stubborn stains on a carpet because it’s just food wastes out of your stomach. It is still better to clean off the mess as soon as possible.
Before you start the cleaning process you need to grab a few things like-
- Hand Gloves
- Hydrogen peroxide/Baking soda
- Vinegar and warm water
- Vacuuming machine
- Deodorizing products (if you have)
Steps How To Clean Vomit From Carpet?
Clean the excess:
– The first thing you need to do is scraping or wipe off the waste with napkins or old towels. Use gloves as you might feel uncomfortable while dealing with the vomit with your hands.
Treat the vomit area:
– After you are done cleaning off the excess, treat the area with baking soda or hydrogen peroxide. You can also create a solution with water and vinegar and spray it on that area.
Let the carpet absorb the solution
– After applying baking soda/hydrogen peroxide or vinegar solution, leave it on for at least 15-20 minutes. The carpet needs to absorb the solution or else the smell won’t go away.
– After you let the solution sit for at least 15-20 minutes, start vacuuming.
Use deodorizing products
– If you want your carpet to smell and new you can use carpet deodorizing products such as vomit absorbents. It is okay if you don’t use it because baking soda and the vinegar solution does the work of deodorizing.
Let your carpet dry
– After the cleaning process, wait till your carpet is dry and check the results. If you think your carpet still smells you can repeat the baking soda or vinegar solution process.
How To Clean Dried Out Vomit Stain From Carpet?
In case you have vomit on your carpet that has been dried out, you have to work a little more. Try the following steps:
Use water:Apply water on the stained area to loosen the dried out vomit.
Apply baking soda:Put baking soda like the usual process but this time you have to leave it on for a few hours. Dry vomit can be hard to get rid of the smell.
Vacuum:Repeat the usual process of vacuuming after the carpet absorbs the baking soda.
Deodorize:Last but not the least, deodorize the carpet to prevent smell.
Dealing with some mess like vomit on your carpet can be difficult, but you can always turn it back into a fresh one if you put a little effort. I see a lot of people asking the same question “How to clean vomit from carpet”.
I hope this article will be helpful for you to deal with this situation.