How To Clean Dog Pee From Carpet?
If you own pet dogs at home, you probably know that dogs sometimes end up peeing here and there, especially on rugs and carpets. Such situations created by your pet friends can be annoying but you have no choice but to clean up the mess by yourself. In this article, I’ll talk about how to clean dog pee from carpet.
Cleaning urine from a carpet might seem difficult for you as it is something unhygienic and gross. But remember cleaning your pet’s pee is the same as cleaning your kid’s mess and there are easy ways to do it. Check out Tacoma Carpet Cleaning for more information.
You need a few things to clean up dog pee from carpet such as
- Paper napkins
- Vinegar solution
- Vacuuming machine
Steps For Cleaning Dog Pee From Carpet
- Start off by sprinkling warm water on the pee area. This will help to loosen the soaked up pee and make it easier for us to deep clean the carpet.
- Use paper napkins and dab it on the pee area to absorb the liquid. Leave it on for a few minutes.
- Next, create a solution by mixing a cup of water and a cup of vinegar. This will help to deodorize the area and get the pee out completely without harming the carpet fabric.
- Using gloves use your hands to rub the pee area thoroughly. Brushes can ruin the carpet so I would not suggest you to use it.
- After you are done rubbing the pee area with your hands, leave it on for an hour or so.
- After a few hours vacuum your carpet and let it dry.
Remember the smell of the urine is strong and it can stay there on the carpet even after cleaning. If you feel the smell is still there, you can repeat the cleaning process once again.
How To Clean Dog Pee From Carper That Has Been Dried Out
Dried out pee is not that difficult to clean but the smell can be stubborn. Follow the steps:
- Apply water to the pee area and leave it on for more than an hour. The water needs to loosen the dryness first.
- After the pee area is wet, repeat the dabbing process with paper napkins.
- Use the same vinegar and solution to the pee area but this time leave it on for a longer period like three to five hours.
- After the carpet absorbs the solution, vacuum the carpet.
- Use deodorizing products or urine absorbent to make the carpet smell good as before.
Sometimes you don’t even realize if your pet peed on any of your carpets because they would not be able to inform us. So it is wise to check your rugs and carpets every now and then to detect stains. Leaving on the stain for a long time can make your home smell bad and it is very unhygienic as well.
There are people who throw away their carpets when the slightest accidents happen like getting vomit/urine/food on their carpet. They think it’s a big deal to clean the carpets hence they give up and throw the entire carpet away. This is wrong because these accidents are normal and cleaning such a mess is not even hard if you follow the right steps!
I hope this article helps you to know how to clean dog pee from carpet. These steps are easy and the things needed for the cleaning process is available in almost every household.
So why wait? Start cleaning now! Or if you want a professional to do it for you, contact Tacoma Carpet Cleaners Pro!